The demand for Kotlin has been raised to a greater extent since its release. It is one of the most beautiful languages being approved by Google that one can use for developing android apps. Kotlin is a statically typed programming language that runs on JVM. This language is entirely interoperable with Java and correctly supports the android development process.
If you just have switched from Java to Kotlin and you are looking forward to starting with a new Android app development project, this free guide of Kotlin will help you a lot. Antonio Leiva also has convinced with the functionality of this excellent platform and has tagged it as one of the most beautiful languages. This free guide of Kotlin will teach you about how to create your first android project using Kotlin. The Android development process is quite easy to start with. All you need to do is:
- Before going further with the Android app development process, the first thing you need to do is to download and install the latest and stable version of Android Studio on your device.
- Once you have successfully installed the Android Studio on your device, launch it from your device and then tap on the Start a New Android Studio project option present on your welcome screen.
- Next, select an activity to continue with the process. You can choose the one that will go best with the behavior of your application.
- As if you are going to make your first “Hello world” application with Kotlin here you can select Empty Activity.
- Once done, click Next to continue with the process further.
- A new dialog box will open up on your home screen. You have to put on various project details here such as name and package, location, and language. In the language section, please Klotin as language. Leave other columns by default and then tap on the Finish option to complete the process.
- A project has been successfully developed on your Android Studio including all of the required codes and resources needed for the app developmental phase.
- Once done with it successfully, the next thing is the app development and running phase. This phase of android development with Kotlin is quite similar to Java. You have to build and run your application on an emulator. The required steps to accomplish this process are:
- Click on the Run option on toolbar to run the predefined app on your device.
- Now choose the option of Create New Virtual Device and then press Next to continue the process.
- Once done, now select a system version required for the app and then click Finish to accomplish the process.
- Verify the emulator configuration and then press Finish to accomplish the process.
- Tap on the OK button,
- Your first android app has been successfully developed now with the help of Kotlin.
That’s all for the app development process with Kotlin now. Developing android app using Kotlin is quite easy to do. If you have the necessary knowledge to Java, you can seamlessly work on it. Hope the above discussed free guide of Kotlin will be helpful for you for sure.