Amla hair oil is a wonderful invention of Ayurveda, which nurtures and makes your hair two times thicker. Amla hair oil manufacturing companies are making this hair care product since long time and women are using it since ages. Amla oil naturally conditions your hair, minimizes hair breakage and graying and promotes growth and shine to the hair.
But do you know? You can make organic homemade amla hair oil as well. You just need your farm’s amla or organic amla to prepare this oil.
Prepare Amla Hair Oil at Home and Get Two Times Thicker Hair
We will tell you three different ways to prepare amla hair oil. You can decide which one is easy to make and try at home.
You need to heat amla in the oil to extract all the vital constituents present in the amla.
Things required for this method-
- 2 tsp amla powder or one dried amla
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (or any other oil that suits your scalp)
Combine amla powder and oil in a pan and place the pan on the lowest heat setting. Keep stirring it occasionally. When you notice it bubbling, cook for one more minute and then switch off the heat. Cover the pan and let it steep until the oil gets cooled. Strain the oil and use like regular hair oil.
Double Boiler Method
Mix the amla powder and oil together in a stainless steel bowl. Take another bowl and add water and boil the water. Once the water starts boiling, turn the heat to a low simmer and put the amla and oil mix pan on top. Continue to infuse the oil for one and half hours. If the water evaporates completely, you need to add more water during the infusion.
Let it cool and strain into a glass jar. You can store this oil in a cool, dark place for one year.
- This is traditional method and it will consume your 2-3 hours.
- You will need 120 gm of amla powder or dried amla. 1 lt water and 250ml coconut oil or sesame oil.
- Add 100gm amla powder in water in a pan. Boil it and reduce the flame, and simmer until the half of the amount of water gets evaporated. Strain the mixture.
- Add the strained decoction and remaining amla powder to the coconut oil. Bring it to boil and slow the flame and let the mixture simmer very slowly until all the water gets evaporated.
You need to keep this oil away from direct sunlight and make sure you use glass jar for storing oil.
A fewer amla hair oil manufacturing companies are there using glass bottles. Plastic bottles harm the quality of oil and this is the reason why organic products are packed in glass jars.
You May Like To Read More From Ayurved
- Health Benefits of Sesame Seeds
- How Turmeric Helps in Treating Breast Cancer
- How To Grow Turmeric Plants at Home
- How To Make Natural Herbal Shampoo At Home
- Serious Side Effects of Sesame Seeds Oil