As you know, skin is the largest part of your body and it works as a shield protecting you against the outside world. The skin keeps lots of bacteria, viruses as well as other substances from entering your body. But sometimes it can get infected by different germs in the environment around you. In that case, you may face with tinea versicolor, a types of fungal skin infections.
What is TineaVersicolor?
Tineaversicolor is known a mild problem when it comes to the overgrowth of fungus Malassezia on your skin. In detail, you will realize some patches of skin are white or have irregular color comparing to surrounding ones, especially under the sun or bright light.
Regularly, these patches can be found on any parts of your body, but the most common areas are your arms, shoulders, back or neck. This condition is not contagious, moreover, it can easily be cured with over-the-counter treatments or some simple home remedies. Besides, you may remove the infection completely but your skin needs a few weeks or even months to return to normal, depending on the medications.
What Causes Tinea Versicolor?
As mentioned above, the key reason for this problem is the uncontrollable development of fungus Malassezia. In fact, this yeast lives on the outer layer of your skin and has a symbiotic relationship with human body. They help you fight off the inflammation and foreign invaders that pose your health risks.
However, this fungus tends to develop faster than normal in the warm and moist condition. When the amount of them is excessive, it will lead to infection and discolored symptom of your skin. Moreover, if you leave them for a long time without any treatment, it affects not only your appearance but also your skin pigmentation. After using some tips, your skin condition still doesn’t improve, so you should see the doctor for medical diagnosis
In addition, it is believed that there are several factors which may increase the higher risks of tinea versicolor, such as tropical climate, too much sweating, hormone changes, lowered immune system and so on.
Home Remedies for TineaVersicolor
The following is top wonderful home remedies for tinea versicolor that helps you deal with this problem effectively and recover the healthy skin.
Yogurt is one of the simplest home remedies for tinea versicolor that we really want to introduce to you. Indeed, yogurt has the pro biotic health benefit which helps you control the growth of fungus. Furthermore, it can ease the itching rapidly and boost your immune system to fight against the infection. Besides, yogurt is beloved by people all over the world, especially children, because of its sweet and delicious flavor. It is advised that you had better use plain yogurt for better result.
How to apply
- Rub some yogurt on the white skin patches and leave it there about 20 – 25 minutes. Wash it off with fresh water.
- Alternatively, eat yogurt 2 – 3 times per day until there is improvement.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is widely considered as a useful home remedy for tineaversicolor due to its anti-fungal content. This natural oil is totally friendly to your body, it helps promote the healing process as well as soothes the irritated feeling. On the other hand, with anti-fungal effect, tea tree oil can decrease the spreading of fungi and inhibit the infection from coming back.
How to apply
- Combine 3 teaspoons of tea tree oil with a little essential oil to lower the powerful acidic property.
- Rub the mixture into your affected areas gently
- Resin it with water after 30 minutes
- Repeat the tip several times a day to get rid of this condition.
If you are facing tinea versicolor, turmeric can be used as one of the best solutions to this problem. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic substances in turmeric, it has impressive effect on dealing with the infection, slowing down the growth of fungus significantly.
How to apply
- Extract some juice from a fresh turmeric root and pour it into a cup of water
- Take a cotton swab to apply the liquid on the white skin patches
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes, then wash it off with water
- Keep doing this remedy twice a day.
4. Aloe Vera
Apart from above tips, aloe vera is also a useful home remedy for tinea versicolor. The anti fungal content in aloe vera will aid you in controlling the quantity of this fungus on the surface of your skin. Furthermore, aloe vera speeds up your recovery and restores your healthy skin as well.
How to apply
- Get the gel from the leave of aloe vera and rub it on the areas which are suffered from fungus
- Another choice is to combine some aloe vera gel with essential oils including lavender oil, coconut oil or olive oil. Afterward, rub the mixture on the damaged skin 2 – 3 times per day.
Garlic is popular with people around the world for a lot of fabulous health benefits. Indeed, one of its amazing effects is to help you fight against the fungal infection. With the antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties in garlic, it has the ability to limit the development of fungus and ease the itching. Additional, daily consumption of garlic will enhance your immunity and overall health. All of the above reasons make garlic become a wonderful home treatments for tineaversicolor and it will not let you down on dealing with this bad condition.
How to apply
- Extract the juice from a fresh garlic clove and rub it all over the white skin patches. Let’s it dry out, then clean it off with water. Repeat this home remedy several times on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, you can add the garlic into your daily meal to combat this fungal infection from inside.
Subscribe Ebuzz Spider For More Interesting Blog Posts.