It is important to undergo the appropriate technique rather than the best. A lot of people get confused while choosing the appropriate hair transplantation procedure. Here’s a guide that can help.
What are the different types of hair transplant surgery?
In India, the following three types of hair transplant techniques have become common over the last decade.
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)– This is the first technique of hair transplantation that was developed. The doctor removes a patch of skin on the scalp from the donor area into the recipient area. The whole procedure is performed under the influence of anesthesia.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)- Instead of taking a patch of skin from the scalp, the doctor removes hair follicles on the scalp and stitches these in the recipient area. This procedure is also performed under the influence of anesthesia.
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)- In this most advanced technique of hair transplantation, there are no cuts or incisions needed. Rather the doctor uses a special Choi pen to take individual hair follicles and implant them in the bald area.
Difference between all the three types of hair transplant surgery
Here are the primary differences between the three types of hair transplantation technique so that you can assess on your own which one might be right for you.
|In this procedure, the doctor removes a small portion of tissue from the donor area and places it in the bald area.||In this procedure, the doctor removes a small portion of hair follicles from the donor area and places it in the bald area.||In this procedure, the doctor implants individual hair follicles directly in the bald area.|
|The person needs to shave a considerable area of the donor and bald area.||The person needs to shave a considerable area of the donor and bald area.||No need to shave the surrounding area of the received site.|
|The doctors make proper cuts and incisions in the receiving area.||The doctors make proper cuts and incisions in the receiving area.||There is not single incision made during the entire procedure|
|As this is a more aggressive procedure, the doctor takes out with the tissue with a scalpel or suture||As this is a more aggressive procedure, the doctor takes out with the tissue with a scalpel or suture||The doctor uses a pen-like instrument called Choi to implant the individual hair follicles|
|This is the oldest technique available to encourage hair growth||FUE was developed after two decades of FUT||The most advanced technology available in India to stimulate hair growth|
|The time taken to complete the one sitting of FUT is 4-6 hours to complete||The time taken to complete the one sitting of FUE is 4-8 hours to complete||Divided into shorter sessions with each of them lasting for a maximum of 30 minutes.|
|The success rate of this technique has decreased considerably due to the higher risk of side effects||The success rate of this technique has decreased considerably due to the higher risk of side effects||The success rate is much higher than both FUT and FUE as there are no side effects|
|It takes almost 2-3 weeks for the wounds to heal||It takes almost 5 days for the wounds to heal||Resume work immediately after the procedure|
|Hair grows after 8-12 months||Hair grows after 8-12 months||Approximately after 3 months, new hair starts growing|
|As cuts and incisions are made, the possibility of bleeding is very high||As cuts and incisions are made, the possibility of bleeding is moderately high||No cuts or incisions reduces the chances of bleeding almost minimum|
|There are high chances of surrounding hair follicles of getting damaged||There are lower chances of surrounding hair follicles of getting damaged||As individual hair follicles are transplanted, there is no risk of bleeding|
Which is the best hair transplant surgery for me?
Some people also make some lifestyle modifications including dietary changes or incorporating exercises regularly.
However, in most cases, these individuals end up making the wrong decisions that lead to the worsening of the hair loss and ultimately baldness.
Experts from well-reputed hair transplant clinics in India recommend speaking with a doctor regarding any concern you might be having related to hair loss or thinning hair.
They also add that the person should speak with the doctor as soon as they experience signs of baldness so that the condition doesn’t become severe.
According to a specialist from the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, talking to an expert or hair transplant surgeon is beneficial in two ways-
- When an individual delays consulting with an expert, none of the preventative measures are likely to provide any results.
- As the consultation is delayed, the person continues using hair products that only burn a big hole in your pocket.
Always remember that as far as hair transplantation procedures are concerned, it is always better to work with specialists who have years of experience on the same.
The right surgeon practicing at a good clinic guides accordingly depending on the health, the extent of hair loss and the comfort of the patient.
How should I choose the best hair transplant doctor?
So the next question that pops into the mind is who is the best hair transplant surgeon in Delhi? Well, the correct answer is there are several doctors whom you can consult to undergo any technique of hair transplant.
The trick lies in the right doctor instead of the best one. Find the right doctor whom you can communicate with and a major part of the effectiveness of the surgery is guaranteed. In addition to that, consider the following tips-
- Qualification of the surgeon- Whenever you try to book an online appointment with the doctor, check their qualifications and skills. Additionally, check the type of hair transplant they specialize in.
- Experience of the surgeon- A highly experienced surgeon has a well-developed aesthetic sense which is necessary to implant the follicles in a way that guarantees a natural-looking appearance.
- Check other patient reviews- Read other patient’s reviews who have undergone treatment from the doctor.
How should I choose the best hair transplant clinic?
Now that you have found yourself the right doctor, the next step is to check the clinic or hospital he/she practices.
In addition to the competence of the surgeon, there are several factors of clinic that affects the results of hair transplant surgery. Therefore, it is pivotal to make the right choice of clinic. Here are some tips that can help you-
- Evaluate the quality of instruments used at the clinic. You can ask them to show you the place where the hair transplantation procedure will be taken. Make sure all standards of procedures for emergencies are also in place.
- Clinic staff is another important factor to take into consideration. Hospital staff helps patients during the surgery hence, it is important to check their behavior and attitude. Make sure that they are approachable and interested in serving the patients.
- Make sure that they have the necessary licenses as well as accreditation required to establish and offer these hair transplant procedures.
It is not easy for a person with no medical background to assess the condition of hair loss and accordingly undergo the procedure.
An affected patient should always consult with an expert to choose the best hair transplantation surgery. Therefore, consult with the doctor without any further delay.